ITIL® Intermediate Level - Service Transition (ST) Exam
IT services for any business are often an imperative part of operations; after all, most organisations these days have some form of IT service working within its confines. If the transition between different services, updates and products wasn’t a smooth one, productivity could decrease and the demands of its service users wouldn’t be met. IT professionals who wish to get a better hold on these aspects of service management would benefit from completing the acclaimed ITIL® Service Transition (ST) exam based around successful service transition.
Gain Unit Certification or Progress to Expert Level
The successful delivery of a service is a crucial one, so if you work in a field where this knowledge could be of use, sign up to this ITIL® exam today! As part of the Intermediate Level of the ITIL® framework, you will be able to use the credits that you are awarded upon completion, to put towards progression to expert level. Or, you could gain certification from this module as a standalone unit. It’s up to you!
Broad Knowledge of Service Transition
While students would have to sign up to some of the more comprehensive modules if they were looking for a more advanced learning journey, this Lifecycle unit (along with the others that are part of the work stream, including service design, strategy, operations and continual service development) are perfect if you’re looking for a more broad management focus of ITIL®. Start as you mean to go on and dive into these Intermediate level modules and accompanying exams and see where the journey takes you!
Key Learning Points
With its focus on the transition between IT service delivery modules, this 90-minute examination would be best suited for IT professionals within the IT operations and control fields. It may also be of interest to CIOs and others in senior positions, as well as IT consultants who are responsible for service transition projects.
This exam is part of the Service Lifecycle work stream, and is worth 3 credits. These credits can be put towards the minimum 17 required for eligibility to continue on to MALC module and examination completion, which is the final stage before ITIL® expert level status. Students sitting the exam will know how to:
- Get to grips with the principles behind service transition, including the optimisation and input/output phases that should be considered during the design process.
- Learn more about the processes that are used within the service transition phase, and the skills you and your staff will require to complete the transition effectively.
- Understand how to manage staff who are involved in the transition, and deal with the expectations of the stakeholders.
- Assess the impact and the changes that a service transition can have, and learn how to manage these changes so that the service continues to operate optimally.
- Learn about the move between on-site and Cloud services and its technical implications.
- Balance the successes and risks associated with a service transition and ensure the move is best for the business or organisation.
Advantages of this course
- Complete the web-based examination in the comfort of your own home, at whatever time of day that suits you.
- Revise around your other commitments; the exam is valid and accessible for a full year, giving you plenty of time to complete the examination and progress to other modules if necessary.
- A 70% pass mark means you have a great chance of achieving the grade you deserve.
- If you struggle to use the service at any point, technical support is on hand to guide you through.
- Use the credits awarded upon completion to continue forward to complete the MALC examination and potentially, the ITIL® expert level qualification.
- Improve your chance of career progression and promotion, by expanding your knowledge and training within core IT services and infrastructure management.
- Increase the productivity of the IT systems and services that exist within your organisation and provide service users with smooth transitions and flawless delivery every time.
The ITIL® Intermediate ST Exam is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Sign up to sit this fantastic ITIL® exam today, and bring your IT systems knowledge up to date!
The ITIL® exams are delivered by e-Careers, an Approved Examination Organisation (AEO) and our official partner.
|2.4 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above