If you’re in a position of responsibility at work and need to conduct appraisals for employees, it pays to keep up to speed with the latest ideas and techniques. This superb value short course is designed to teach you everything you need to know to make the appraisal experience positive, worthwhile and constructive for both you and your team members.
What Will I Learn?
The employee being appraised may be the focus of a performance appraisal, but as a manager, it’s your responsibility to make the experience positive and constructive for that member of staff, no matter what the feedback is. After this lesson, you’ll possess the skillset to conduct appraisals fairly and efficiently, and use the meeting to benefit the employee and ultimately the business.
How Does the Course Work?
This course is specifically designed for busy managers who need to fit their continuing professional development around their hectic schedules. Whether you’re new to conducting performance appraisals or looking to come up with new approaches, this course is the ideal solution.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the detailed lesson to learn how to score high when it comes to conducting performance appraisals.
- Explore why appraisals are a key factor in performance management.
- Discover what the benefits of appraisals to staff are.
- Learn how to carry out appraisals effectively.
- Take a look at different performance appraisal methods and decide which one is best for you.
- In the Traditional Methods of Performance Appraisal webpage on the What is Human Resource website, find out about different methods used in appraisals such as rating scales, ranking method and essay method.
- Enhance your expertise by watching the presentation on appraisal skills.
- Take a look at good practice in action with a video entitled Performance Reviews: Performance Evaluations and Appraisal.
- Extend your study with more suggested reading material including high quality articles on factors demonstrating a strong work ethic, guidelines to conduct when conducting appraisals, performance appraisal rating factors and more.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Technical support is always available, should you require it.
- The lesson includes an activity sheet, allowing you to test your knowledge by completing tasks before undertaking the final assessment.
- Excellent reading material, presentations, videos, activities and opportunities for further study means all learning styles are taken into account and learning is fun.
- Access to the course is for 12 full months on signing up.
- Becoming an expert at conducting performance appraisals won’t just please your employees, it will impress your boss too.
Aim high with appraisals by signing up to Appraisal Skills today.
This CACHE endorsed course is delivered by Laser Learning, our official partner.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above